About the company
Shafagh hormoz mehr Gostaresh Industries Procurement & Construction company (GIPC ) as one of the affiliated companies related to Iran Shipbuilding and Offshore Industries Complex (ISOICO) is located in special economic zone. The company has been engaged with shipbuilding, marine industries and oil and gas fields and it is the commercial core in ISOICO complex. The company has been successful in purchasing items and equipments required to do marine, oil and gas projects which costs more than 500,000,000.00 USD. In its newly defined mission, in addition to purchasing items and equipments for upstream oil, gas and energy industries, the company performs the middle and downstream projects in sea and land fields. Moreover, it plans to follow activities in areas of repairing and constructing oil, gas and clean energy industries. In this regard, it is fully supported by Industrial Development and Renovation Organization (IDRO), ISOICO complex and its subsidiary companies.
To GIPC clarity and commitment are the two important privileges and clients’ satisfaction is its most valuable and precious asset that is gained with effort and it is not lost easily.
According to this issue, the company has crucial role in fulfillment of ISOICO and its subsidiary companies projects. Relying on its empirical competence and management, the company definitely does its best to the prosperity of the future projects and maintenance of the respected client’s interests.
In order to organize, plan, perform and control the whole activities related to procuring the materials and equipment, GIPC has been in charge of providing the required services for material and equipment preparation from the early stage of receiving the technical features to delivery of the materials and equipment in the workplace. The company promised itself to provide the main employers and contractors in oil and energy industries with services at professional level (either based on their quality or economical aspects and the speed with which the project is done). Moreover, beside the preserving of the commercial and economical aspects, the main concerns and activities of the company concentrate on supporting the domestic and local industries and preserving environmental resources. Increasing the customers’ satisfaction through supplying the technical requirements and high quality assurance they mind, lead the company’s management affairs. The company’s development and efficiency are preserved through innovation, promotion of technical level and adaption with the market requirements. The efficiency of the company towards sustainable growth, shareholders’ satisfaction, targeting and our commitment to growth and development are severely dependent on our promise for members’ promotion and valuing their professions and responsibilities. The company also considers itself in charge of preparing its personnel with mental and physical health and safety, job security and welfare. Our stability originates from our rigid culture, commitment in work, efficient relationship with the clients, the personnel’s loyalty and capabilities, alternative and flexible management, dynamics, focus on quality and security and our commercial potentials.
- Despite being a government-owned company, unlike the typical of these companies, GIPC acts at high speed in targeting and fulfilling the affairs. So, not only it uses the advantages of a government company in various aspects but also it performs its duties promptly like a private company.
- The elite and experienced staff that has been fully engaged in executive projects and are familiar with reliable manufactures and suppliers is utilized in the company structure.
- The company is able to provide the items made up of special materials and the ones which are considered as multi-user items that cannot be provided directly by the manufacturer.
- Purchasing process based on the world standards and practices.
- Cooperation with reliable third companies, at times the direct preparation of the goods is impossible. In this case, our partners can sign contracts, transfer money, carry off the goods to the final destinations.
Procurement procedure and diagram
The project procurement services
As we know convergent approach is considered in activities through all project steps. One of the important steps is following convergence and sequence in purchasing the materials which should be considered at early stages of computational engineering or even at earlier steps. However, issues like the budget and the client’s possible financial turn over and other complementary information can affect the process of decision making, facing the lowest risk and the fixed sequence of the goods input to perform the building and setting up activities in advance.
Based on the company’s fame in supplying project goods and its importance in marine, oil and gas industries and the necessity to implement prospering models in preparing goods and reaching the project qualitative and quantitative goals, different departments with specialized functions are established in the company. These departments has increased and improved the costumers’ satisfaction through collaboration and providing special services.
In the following sections the activities of the equipment supplying departments and their functions are explained in brief:
The engineering department consists of experienced engineers in disciplines of mechanics, metallurgy, and electronics. It also includes precise tools and processes to provide different kinds of engineering services. The services provided by this expert team start at the beginning the equipment supply projects and continue even after the delivery of the goods to the customers.
Purchasing engineering services in the company is done based on the pervious industrial successful purchasing which indicates the company’s special and distinctive attention to procurement as one of the key steps in EPC(C) projects.
(Utilization of the engineering capabilities in Iran shipbuilding and offshore industries complex along with its subsidiary companies in various engineering areas are considered as the positive points in GIPC approach to provide engineering services.)
The major activities in the engineering department
- Checking the technical features of the purchase packages at the beginning of the project and matching the project requirements with the manufactures needed information.
- Holding technical meetings and communicate with the manufactures and costumers for technical clarification before signing a contract.
- Evaluation and comparison of the manufactures’ technical proposals.
- Checking the technical documents sent by the manufactures after signing a contract to examine the product quality.
- Analyzing the inspection reports during the manufacturing process.
- Coordination and providing pre-installation and installation services for specific equipments.
In GIPC the commercial department includes contracts, credits and transit and custom clearance units. Supplying commercial services like negotiation methods and techniques in order to reach the project goals and the related available strategies are among this team’s responsibilities.
The major activities in commercial department
- Evaluating the suppliers’ commercial proposals and examining and validating them.
- Presenting techniques and strategies to negotiate with the suppliers to get the best services.
- Negotiation with the manufactures to sign a contract.
- Preparation of the contract draft based on the project conditions, goods, domestic or international situations and the latest rules and regulations.
- Providing and presenting the best strategies to bank transactions and money transfer.
- Coordination and evaluation of the project commercial documents in addition to shipping documents to accelerate and facilitate the specific international commercial transfer processes.
- Transit and Customs Clearance services to shorten the process in customs offices in Iran and delivery of the product to the customer.
The supply chain management
The purpose of establishing the supply chain unit was the necessity of an independent department to evaluate and registry of different suppliers in various fields.
The department is to collect and update the information about manufactures and suppliers in the company’s data base. Besides the manufacturers and suppliers are rated based on the predetermined factors. This qualitative rating is important for the company to decide about the potential suppliers. The department is in charge of providing expert and reliable services to decide effectively about the projects.
The major activities in supply chain unit
- Searching and investigating the new manufacturers’ & suppliers’ resources using the internet, domestic and international exhibitions, holding in person meetings, etc.
- Interaction with manufacturers and suppliers and receiving their required technical and commercial information, job experiences, activities and resumes for additional evaluations.
- Presenting Scientific and practical methods to evaluate the quality of the suppliers and manufactures and dedicate each one a specific rate in the company’s database.
- Using the residue of the company’s previous information in completing and updating in the suppliers’ database and presenting the project records related to the field.
This department tries to provide support services for domestic and international projects. To improve payment procedures and control the financial resources, wholly the money transfer processes is performed by the financial department.
Interactions with banks to facilitate the payments and money transfer, receiving bank guarantees and facilities from banks and credit institutions are among the department responsibilities.
The major activities in financial department:
- Performing the activities related to the project payments and examining their financial documents.
- Presenting scientific procedures to facilitate bank affairs.
- Receiving and taking out different types of bank and non-bank guarantees.
- Presenting the customers’ intended bills
- Presenting the intended financial documents to the customer in order to liquidate
- Presenting periodic financial reports to the project in order to analyze and monitoring the turnover.
- Preparing and setting the budget for various projects
Planning & control department
Planning department is in charge of making plans in the two sections of projects and the company’s internal set. In the project section the department is responsible for planning and scheduling project purchase taking into account factors like importance, cost time of building and project requirements for each purchase package. Receiving periodic reports in formats predetermined by the department, it analyzes them to monitor the projects continuously and reports cases of deviation to the management.
In internal section, the department plays roles in observing and setting the relationship among the units to assure flow of the information and the correct implementation of the procedures.
The major activities in planning & control department
- Contribution to presenting company’s macro strategies.
- Explanation of the personnel’s job description in their special fields in each section and the type of the interaction among them.
- Receiving periodic reports from each part, measuring and monitoring their elements to assure the valid performance of the procedures.
- Presenting various reports at management and senior management levels in different areas.
- Presenting planning table to purchase for the projects based on the project desired factors.
- Receiving and analyzing the suppliers’ periodic reports to monitor and control the management procedures in contracts signed with the suppliers.
- Preparing required practical compensatory plans.
The Project Procurement Manager
Finally, the Project Procurement Manager is in charge of monitoring and achieving the company’s goals in the current projects. The Project Procurement Manager based on the provided services in different departments and through coordinating and scheduling them and taking into account the priorities and requirements of the project in other phases like manufacturing and installation, and
also by considering its interaction with foreign parties and customers, is responsible for setting and controlling different aspects of the project and satisfying its various quantitative and qualitative needs. Besides, the Project Procurement Manager is in charge of presenting different reports to the senior management, analyzing the personnel performance and suggesting scientific and applicable project management strategies to reach the company’s goals.
Making decisions to the point allowed by the senior management is also among the responsibilities of the supply manager. It can vary from one project to the other.
The major procurement manager’s responsibilities
- Contribution to determination of the strategies of the company by presenting expert reports in this field
- Monitoring and cooperating to receive orders based on the strategies defined by the company.
- Monitoring and contributing to planning and scheming various procedures.
- Monitoring and contributing to fulfill the assigned tasks in different departments and interacting with other managers to utilize more services.
- Monitoring and contributing to perform the purchase processes and analyzing the reports received from related sections.
- Cooperation in selecting the winner or permitted suppliers.
- Cooperation and controlling signing the contracts and the conditions considered by the company and the projects.
- Contract management and monitoring the effective implementation of the contract details by the company and the suppliers in order to reach the company’s qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Managing and controlling the implementation of the projects milestones considering the provided services in other departments in the company and their expert analysis.
- Providing all the company’s technical documents in the form of required technical packages and considering the expire date of the contract and presenting required documents for liquidation.
Services provided by procurement department
- Analysis of the suppliers’ database and evaluation of their capabilities and recording their names in the company’s permitted supplier or customer list.
- Technical review or evaluation the characteristics of the goods and completing the manufactures’ needed information.
- The inquiry procedures about famous and expert manufacturers.
- Checking and ranking the technical and commercial features of the manufactures’ suggestions and try to clarify them and approaching the customers’ desire and the manufacture’s potentials.
- Signing domestic and international contracts with suppliers based on the latest regulations on hand and according to customers’ needs.
- Providing bank services and utilizing the financial credits based on their long history in this area in addition to providing financial and commercial consultation for the customers.
- Contract management and utilization of the recent project management methods and tools like receiving planning reports based on the manufactures’ work breakdown structure (WBS).
- The qualitative management of the contract considering IPT and QCP approved by the customer.
- Management of the third party inspectors, receiving and analyzing the periodic reports sent by them.
- Managing and controlling the production process in predetermined time intervals and their periodic inspection.
- Suggesting time table for the manufactures to control and monitor the project in addition to providing compensatory time table if needed.
- Pre-shipment monitoring and inspections.
- Managing, controlling and coordinating the international transfer procedure.
- Performing the transit & customs clearance services through official customs centers in Iran.
- Providing engineering after sales services if needed by the customers including pre-setting installation and special equipments at setting phase.
Integrated management system
Qualitative management system is established based on the international ISO 9000 standards. To assure meeting the requirements of the standard and the qualitative goals, the management utilizes the domestic auditors and IMS council meetings.
When some variations are designate in qualitative management system, the plan having been accepted in the expert meeting is sent to the IMS council for final confirmation. Then it is implemented.
Moreover to fluctuate the system, the recommended variations at general level are suggested in the expert meetings and after expert evaluations, they are confirmed in IMS council meetings. Some minor improvements are made by the management representative after expert evaluation is done.
The general requirements in qualitative management system in GIPC Company are as the following:
The importance of Health, Safety and Environment
As we know facing any incidents in any forms means wasting time and capital. Even worse situations are your dear ones death and the damage to the installations and environment. Our serious commitment to HSE has always obliged us to save the esteemed personals, employers, sub contractors and the environment in particular.
The strict procedures named “permit to work” are implemented in the previous projects to save the personnel and installations. Our targeting to keep the principle of “Zero incident”, even a trivial ones, is established and performed using the precise engineering methods based on the previous exact evaluations and implementation of risk checking for the important and sensitive activities
particularly while sensitive parallel activities in areas of risk, like the danger of carbohydrates leak are done. The exact study of the SIMOPS activities synchronization was done with this aim in the last projects . It examined the risked and established administrative synchronization procedures.
Preserving the environment, that is to be saved for the future generations, is all of us responsibility. This company has a comprehensive and codified plan to improve the employees situation and the contract parties. It always considers the best options to save the environment and general safety.